Most of you probably know me from my Instagram account, em_recovers. I’ve been using that account for over a year and a half to help document my journey recovering from my eating disorder. I have kicked around the idea of blogging for a while, and I feel like I have the time and energy to work on this. I expect to post on a variety of different subjects. I plan on using this blog to help share recovery advice and tips, as well as venting about any struggles that I may be dealing with. I’m NOT recovered, but I’m working on it. One thing I am currently working on is separating myself from my eating disorder. To help accomplish my goal, I will also be blogging about other aspects of my life. I don’t really know who I am without my ed, as it has been my best friend, crutch, and worst enemy for the majority of my life. 10 Non-ED Facts (aka proof that I am NOT my eating disorder)
1. I’ve made YouTube videos for 3 years, which has helped me grow my confidence.
2. I am going to be a senior in high school this fall.
3. I am an avid reader, and I would say that I read about 4 books a week during summer, and maybe 1-2 during the school year.
4. My favorite game in the entire world is Scrabble. My parents and I enjoy playing it together!
5. My favorite TV show ever is Shark Tank. (Mark Cuban is very attractive. Don’t judge.)
6. My lifetime goal is to volunteer for Doctors without Borders. I want to work in the medical field. Not because I want to be a “rich doctor”, but because I absolutely love the idea of helping people feel better and stay healthy. Plus I love school, so that’s a plus! Like I really don’t think I can put into words how badly I want to become a doctor.
7. Instead of receiving presents on holidays, I ask for a monthly massage membership. I seriously would go everyday if I had the time and money.
8. My favorite movie is What To Expect When You’re Expecting. Okay, scratch that. Frozen is my favorite all-time. WTEWYE is my favorite non-animated movie.
9. I was born in Iowa, but currently live in Colorado.
10. My favorite singer at the moment is Sia. I like how soft and calming her voice is. I do not like loud music. Or loud things in general. In middle school, I would keep earplugs in my backpack because I hated how loud teachers would turn on movies. I would still do this, except people started to judge me hardcore.