Hello everyone! I hope that this week has been full of joy for you all. It was a pretty busy week, so I thought I’d share some current favorites and happenings with you all.
1. Thursday morning. I could spend hours talking about how amazing she is! I will miss her tremendously, but college is the next step in her life and I know she is ready. There is no doubt she will be very successful socially and academically!
2. I got to visit my grandparents last weekend in Iowa! My grandma’s health is questionable and the doctors aren’t quite sure how much longer she will be with us. I got to spent time with her which was great, although it is hard to watch someone you love start to reach the end of their life.
3. I’ve been spending lots of time of YouTube and I reached 9,000 subscribers on Wednesday! I cannot believe it and the experience has brought me so much fulfillment. While I don’t care how many subscribers I have, it means a lot to know that people take time out of their day to watch what I have created (including YOU for reading my blogs!).
5. I got a nasty rash all over my body when we were visiting my grandparents! Thankfully it went away, but it was all over my spine, hips, head, and wrists. Thought you might wanna see a nice picture xD
1. Earth Balance Coconut PB- This stuff is AMAZING. I am not a huge coconut fan, but I love to try out new flavors of peanut butter. This is so creamy and melts PERFECTLY on toast or warm oatmeal (or oat bran if you’re me!)
2. Culver’s! – I went to Culver’s when we were in Iowa because we do not have them where I live! Since I was still recovering from my wisdom teeth surgery, I opted for a jumble of random side dishes. Their mashed potatoes and green beans are to die for!
3. I love having fruit and yogurt before I go to bed. Recently, I’ve been trying out some new flavors and brands. I debated over whether or not to try the Chobani lemon raspberry, but I am so glad I did because it was delicious!
4. My family went out for dinner last night at Firehouse Subs. We’d been one time previously, but I wasn’t very happy with the sandwich I ordered. Last night I got a veggie sandwich which came with sauteed peppers/mushrooms, a couple of melted cheeses, and mustard. I will definitely be ordering that sandwich again!
5. We have a TON of leftover buns (in the freezer, don’t worry!) from a house party we had in July. I’ve been enjoying them with some butter and dried minced onions! It’s a great savory snack especially if I am not that hungry.
- I Don’t Know by Jon D – I use his covers for a lot of my videos, and I love this original by him! It is about depression and really hits home.
2. The Hills by The Weeknd – Okay, now the lyrics aren’t anything amazing or inspirational, but the beat is so. dang. catchy! This is a great “pump up” kinda song.
3. Sippin On Fire by Florida Georgia Line – I got to hear this live when FGL opened for Luke Bryan’s tour. I love country music and this song has been a recent favorite. The lyrics are catchy and it just reminds me of summer romance ❤ (which I have 0 personal experience with).
4. Tell Her by Echosmith – This band has been a favorite for a while! I listened to this song a lot this spring. I think I got sick of it, but now it’s been back in the mix.
5. His Daughter by Molly Kate Kestner – This song is deep and definitely for when I am in a more introspective mood.
Any favorite music? What’s your favorite thing you did the week?