On Sunday morning, I made a batch of zucchini muffins. Every year, we grow zucchini in our garden and it seems to be the most successful plant year after year. I asked on Instagram if people would be interested in seeing the recipe and I had a few takers! So here we go…
1 & 1/3 cup of quinoa flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
sprinkle of salt
sprinkle of apple pie spice
1/2 tsp almond extract (could sub for vanilla or any other flavoring)
1 tsp baking powder
1 small zucchini, grated finely.
2 tbs soy milk
3 tbs canola/vetegable oil
2 tbs butter (I used canola oil butter)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (egg, zucchini, extract, oil, butter, milk) and whisk together.
4. Slowly pour the wet bowl ingredients into the dry bowl, and mix with a spoon.
5. Pour batter into muffin tins. I didn’t know how much to put in, so I used 11 regular sized tins. I would recommend using fewer tins (8 or 9) so that the tins fill up a bit more.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These are very delicious and I would highly recommend them! I haven’t done much baking since my eating disorder took control over my life. Most of my goods turn out disgusting, but I am excited to get into baking some more and improving my skills.
Would you be interested in more recipes?